Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bluebirds Love First Snow

Our first snow came 1/09/11. We got about 6-7 inches, which is a lot for us here in central Arkansas. Even more unusual was, it stayed around for a week due to continuing temperatures below freezing. The bluebirds were like kids (from the old days)flying around like they were playing chase & hide-an-seek. Odd, because I didn't see any kids out playing!??? I guess they would rather be in their warm & snug houses playing on their PS2's and what-not. I had a blast watching those little bluebirds. They were all, fat & happy. I had never seen so many at one time, they were all out there fluttering around, ruffling their feathers & cheeping. That made my day!Playing Hide-&-Seek

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. They are so fluffy. What a treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure those are bluebirds? It looks like an American Robin to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how you might think they are American Robins. My camera isn't the best. I had to zoom in pretty far. But, yes they are Eastern Bluebirds.

    ReplyDelete