Monday, December 1, 2008

Croquet Project

I have been croqueting off & on for about 20 years. I never learned how to read the instructions so everything I make has to be easy. I decided to make some pot holders after seeing similar ones at a flea market about a month ago. I start with 100% 4-Ply cotton yard and chain 22, turn, in 2nd chain from hook, single croquet (sc) to the end, chain one and continue with sc. You can create your own color patterns or use one color. I like to use variegated yarn so I don't have to change. Make 2 pieces, then sew together using a sc around the edge. That's all there is to it. EASY.

My next project, (to resume sometime after X-mas) which has already been started but will take a long time to complete, is an afghan from granny squares. I have never made anything from granny squares so wish me luck. I think the greatest challenge for this project is---JUST TO FINISH. Hopefully I can complete this sometime next year. I saw the original idea in a Country Living magazine. There was a picture of a lady carrying a similar colored afghan. After careful observation I decided it was granny squares and proceeded to Hobby Lobby for the yarn. I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment